Go To Your Profile
Contact Hit the Books
Language Proficiency Test: SEL
SEL Prep Program: Putting the Accent on Success!
The SEL exam (Service d'évaluation linguistique) is not a typical university exam! Designed for teachers and professionals, it tests your grammar, vocabulary, editing, and writing skills. Due to its broad scope and difficult questions, it can be a challenge for new test takers. However, our tutors offer you the language tools and practice you need to succeed.
Our tutors not only help you understand grammar, spelling, and syntax rules—they also attach those rules to a wider context and teach you how to apply them. This will prepare you to tackle questions with interrelated topics.
- Language conventions (Code linguistique): 60 minutes.
- Editing questions (rédaction): 60 minutes.
- Reading comprehension (Test de compréhension de l'écrit SEL): 60 minutes.
- Note that the structure will vary according to the version of the test you are taking.
Unique and Exclusive Features of our Prep Programs:
- Evaluation Session: Designed to assess your skills in different sections of the exam
- Personalized Study Plan: Customized based on your results, focused on your objectives, and planned in accordance with your schedule to guarantee maximum efficiency
- Ongoing Assessment (Practice Tests): Performed by your tutors to provide continuous feedback on your progress as well as the effectiveness of the instruction
- Discounted First Session: Pay only for one session, taking advantage of a 3-hour evaluation session at a 30% discount. Loved your first session? Register for the best package based on your needs. Make your decision once you are completely satisfied; we want you to LOVE your experience with Hit the Books!
- Expert Instructors: Your instructor will be a PhD/MSc/MBA holder with a minimum 5 years of teaching experience who specializes in a specific area of your graduate exam. That makes a huge difference and contributes to Hit the Books’ reputation for excellence!
The Hit the Books Difference:
First, our tutoring is personalized. That means that we carefully assess your strengths and weaknesses and help you craft a study plan that works for you. We teach you strategies and skills that will improve your performance, both now in your study habits and later during the exam. As well, we have a variety of tutoring packages you can choose according to your needs. Your sessions will be arranged according to your availability, and not based on an inflexible class schedule.
Second, our tutors are specialized and experienced. We select them for their teaching experience (a minimum of 5 years!) and proficiency in adapting to different students’ needs. In order to ensure you find your tutor compatible and capable, you will start with a discounted trial session, after which you have the option of choosing one of our study packages.
Third, our language exam programs are affordable. Unlike some test-prep corporations that charge more than $100/hr for private tutoring, we keep our rates low, starting at only $42/hr! Our mini-group rates start at $20 per hour for a group of 3-5 students. We want to make sure our services are accessible!
Sign up for a trial session NOW and experience the Hit the Books difference!
Need to Pass Other Language Exams?
…And more! If your exam is not on this list, please contact us. We'll be happy to help you!